Cinnamon is an insulin substitute in Type II diabetes. Cinnamon itself has insulin-like activity, increasing the effectiveness of insulin. Cinnamon also has a bio-active component that has the potential to prevent or overcome diabetes. It also increases vitality, balances energy, improves the digestion of fruits, milk, and other dairy products and helps reduce bloating and gas.
- Cinnamon bark actually
contains calcium, chromium, copper, iodine, iron, manganese, phosphorus,
potassium, zinc, and vitamins A, Bi,
B2, and C, many of which are important for the prevention or
treatment of diabetes.
- Only a little cinnamon, such
as the small amounts sprinkled on toast, can stimulate insulin activity.
- Cinnamon may lower blood
- Honey and cinnamon is useful
toward healing cancer and arthritis. (Of course, this isn`t the honey in your
plastic honey bear container purchased from your average supermarket. This is
pure unadulterated unpasteurized organic honey not heated that has healing
- Cinnamon also has fat-burning
properties that will aid in weight loss.
- It has been used for its
antiseptic properties to cure athlete's foot, has been inhaled to improve
memory, and has been used as a tea to soothe stomach ailments and indigestion.
- Cinnamon is a known
antibacterial and antifungal and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- A small daily intake of cinnamon lowered
fasting blood glucose levels after 40 days.
The combination of honey and cinnamon has been used for centuries. Cinnamon is one of the oldest spices known to mankind and honey’s popularity has continued throughout history. The two ingredients with unique healing abilities have a long history as a home remedy. The mixture is a natural cure for many diseases and a formula for many health benefits:
1) HEART DISEASES: Apply honey and cinnamon powder on bread instead of using jam or butter and eat it regularly for breakfast.
2) ARTHRITIS: Apply a paste made of the two ingredients on the affected part of the body and massage slowly.
3) HAIR LOSS: Apply a paste of hot olive oil, a tablespoon of honey, a teaspoon of cinnamon powder before bath, leave it for 15 min and wash.
4) BLADDER INFECTIONS: Mix cinnamon powder and honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink.
5) TOOTHACHE: Apply a paste of cinnamon powder and honey and on the aching tooth.
6) CHOLESTEROL: Add honey to cinnamon powder mixed in boiled water or green tea and drink.
7) COLDS: Make a glass of lukewarm honey water mixed with cinnamon powder to help boost your immune system during the cold season. It may also help to clear your sinuses.
8) INDIGESTION: Cinnamon powder sprinkled on a spoonful of honey taken before food relieves acidity.
9) LONGEVITY: Regularly take tea made with honey and a little cinnamon powder.
10) PIMPLES: Mix honey with cinnamon powder and apply paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash away the next morning.
11) OBESITY: To reduce weight, daily drink a mixture of a teaspoon of honey with half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder boiled in water with an empty stomach in the morning about half an hour before breakfast. Read: Cinnamon and Honey Recipe.
Cinnamon has an insulin boosting property which have the ability to boost insulin activity and can benefit people who have high sugar levels (obese people, pre-diabetics and diabetics).
12) BAD BREATH: Gargle with honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water so that breath stays fresh throughout the day.
Honey plus cinnamon together besides being an amazing potential cure for so many illnesses, their total fragrant, sweet and warm taste is also a perfect match for the palate. The combination adds a magic effect to the taste of cakes, breads, biscuits and rolls and is known to make many winning recipes in the world of delicious food, such as the famous, easy-to-make, kids' favourite classic - honey and cinnamon butter toast!