This project is to be completed as a team but different tasks can be delegated to different members.
A team made from teachers will judge your final work. (Refer to the Rubric)
Prizes and awards will be given at the end of the presentation.
Before you start:
-Sign the contract form
-Assign each member a job or each member research different questions
-Decide which tool you’re going to use to present your findings
Stage 1: Researching and collecting information
Stage 2: Organization of research
Stage 3: Putting the project together and editing
Stage 4- Presenting your final work
- Reading and researching
- Collecting information
- Answering the questions
Choose from the following questions. You are also encouraged to add your own questions.
You must answer the two questions in bold.
Why did you chose this topic?
- What is poverty?
- Given our definition of poverty, who is poor?
- Where in the world do the poor live?
- Identify 3 important poverty statistics from the Poverty Overview section.
- Why do you think people are poor?
- What does living in poverty do to children?
- Things that lead to poverty? For instance, debt, unfair trade, modern slavery, and colonialisms.
- How and when global poverty began.
- What actions can you personally take, in regards to your future, to prevent your family from living in poverty?
- What can you do as a student to help others in poverty?
- What is being done to solve the problem?
- What can be also done to end world poverty?
Putting the project together and editing
After the research is completed students share their findings and recommendations
As a group you will need to:
-Bring together your findings
-Discuss your information
- Edit your information
Look at the template provided by your teacher to create a power point presentation
Your final product:
Prepare a summary of your research collected in stage 1 to present to the school. You may:
-Create a power point presentation
-Create a Prezi
-Make a video
-Design a voki
-Build a website
-Create a formal presentation that can be shared publicly such as TED-Talk style video.
-Create an Ad with visuals and text about poverty
You may choose other options.
Make sure you have a bibliography with all websites used, videos and links.
Where do the poor live/?Third World countries in Africa, Asia and South America
How much poverty effects children today
The ten poorest countries
(Use the url ending to help answer this question: .com is a commercial site, .org a non-profit organization; .gov is government; and .edu is an educational institution.)